Sunday, August 15, 2010

baking fail and fresh food


I used to be an awesome baker. Used to be. I can't bake to save my life. Every cake I make fails somehow, either it falls (because of altitude), or sticks to the pan...

So in happier news, I re-joined the local CSA. While the 100-mile diet won't work for us (does it work for anyone outside California??), we are going to try the adjoining state diet. I'm pretty excited!

I've also been trying my hand at gardening. We live in an apartment so everything is in pots. Today I transplanted everything into bigger pots since it is all doing so well! Hopefully it will last. I think tonight's rain should help.

Mojito, my prolific mint plant. He's been with us the longest.

Strawberry. She already produced 6 berries and is now on her second set this season!

Chive is Josh's favorite because it's the underdog. It was previously overrun by Mojito & Strawberry and JUST got it's own pot today!


Lavender McDade. I'm pretty excited about having fresh lavender around to make things smell & taste yummy.


Rose Moss. We just got her today, so no name yet. This is our only decorative plant!


And it just realized that I didn't take a picture of Basil Pesto!! Jeez. He's delicate and lives mostly indoors. The heat is just too much.

1 comment:

Cat said...

Basil yum yum yum!
We have thyme, rosemary, basic, calendula, mint, sage & corriander at the moments.
Cat