Thursday, May 27, 2010

Better than this place

Nowhere better than this place...


Anywhere better than this place...


My sister had these 2 sayings as posters in her room growing up. They were from an AIDS exhibit at a museum, I think. They were plain, just white background with black text.


Anyways, that's how I feel about Albuquerque. 


Some days I can't get out of here fast enough. I daydream about how much better it is elsewhere. About all the cool people that live in Portland (if you live in or around Portland, you are one of those cool people). 
Columbia River Gorge


Or anywhere on the East Coast. I dream about having a bungalow cottage and decorating it all country beachy. 
Pottery Barn, of course


And then there are days like today. 


Outside my door right now


My classroom is mostly packed up and cleaned. 4 hours of school left. I went to Happy Hour with some of the girls from work and had a blast. I LOVE my school. I can't imagine ever working at a school that's as all around awesome. I can't imagine leaving there. It's breezy and cloudy with little drops of rain.


Today I am happy right where I am. Those days are few and far between, so I'm going to go soak up as much as I can. 

1 comment:

Me and Ma said...

Hi Alexandra, I thought that if I followed the blogs of people in our bee then I would get to know them a bit better, looking forward to getting to know you :)